The Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead is
Sarah Redington (Dampier Street)
Designated Leads for child protection and safeguarding are:
Kelly Bumby (Wyndham View)
Emma Bale (Chard)
Gemma Fowler (Dampier Street)
Lisa Waller (Bungalow & Outreach)
Jo Simons (Headteacher) and Jason Roberts (Assistant Head) are also DSL trained but the staff above should be the first point of contact.
‘Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility’
- Create a safe and welcoming environment where children and young people can develop their skills, confidence and abilities.
- Support and encourage other groups and organisations to implement similar policies.
- Recognise that safeguarding children is the responsibility of everyone, not just those who work directly with children.
- Ensure that all activities and events are managed to the highest possible safety standards.
- Review ways of working to incorporate best practice. This includes policies being regularly reviewed and updated to reflect current best practice and Government guidance.
- Treat all children and young people with respect and listen to any concerns they may have, taking these seriously and acting upon them.
- Carefully recruit and select all employees, contractors and volunteers.
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to all complaints and concerns.
- Share information about concerns with agencies who need to know, involving parents and children appropriately.
- Teach children and young people how to keep themselves safe in school and the wider community, including lessons on online safety.
- Operate in an open and transparent way that supports all staff to ‘whistleblow’ if they have a concern about any member of staff in our school or any other organisation.