SSPS provides statutory education for any pupil unable to attend a mainstream school. These are in the categories of:
- Permanently Excluded
- Hard to Place
- Medically unable to currently access their mainstream school
The Panel is chaired by the Access and Admissions Manager or Local Authority representative and is made up of representatives of local schools and other professionals as appropriate.
The Panel makes decisions about statutory admissions to the South Somerset Partnership School and ensures equality of access across schools, whilst responding to the needs of individual children and fulfilling the Local Authority’s statutory responsibilities.
The main legislation and statutory guidance covering the duties and powers relating to these issues:
- The School Admissions Code 2012
- Somerset Fair Access Protocol Alternative Provision: Statutory guidance for local authorities
- Ensuring a good education for children who cannot attend school because of health needs: statutory guidance for local authorities
- Exclusion from maintained schools, Academies and pupil referral units in England: A guide for those with legal responsibilities in relation to exclusion
If you have any specific queries regarding disability please speak directly to the Headteacher.